Vision: Ensures justice in pursuit of harmonious society with the rule of law and good governance.
Mission: To deliver legal services to the Dzongkhag in fair professional manner
- Defend employer against wage and hour, discrimination, harassment and other complaints field with administrative agencies.
- Represent employers in lawsuits filed in state and federal courts.
- Advice employers about effective and legal policies, procedures and practice
- Drafts lawful, state- specific employee handbooks, polices and procedure.
- Prepare contracts with employees and contractors, including confidentiality and non-compete agreements.
- Negotiate and draft executive contracts.
- Direct and/or conduct investigation into alleged illegal or improper behavior.
- Help employers respond to specific employer at the arbitration or mediation of employment disputes.
- Review and/ or draft offer letters, warnings and other communication with employees.
- Draft and negotiate.
- Counsel clients facing difficult or sensitive employment issues.
Challenges and Issue
- Rendering a legal advices and legal awareness to the gewog people and schools, are one of the challenges because of their poor and backward thinking of legal matters;
- Public expectation is ever sky high and on-demand. Due to technology and interest progress people expect their legal team to sort out the matters very fast and proactively;
- The case that have been pending can’t be progress timely by both the legal team and by villagers because of the poor connectivity of road and internet connection;
- Lack of information and knowledge of legal awareness in the schools
- Being one of the legal sector head, ability to provide legal awareness or a legal aid in any matters is the core responsibility.
- Shouldering a higher responsibility to draw reasonable and logical conclusion or decisiveness.
- Receive no public and administrative complaint.
- No any pending case and any related assignments.
- A strong communication skills and research ability to face the legal disputes.
- If there is no any concrete and reasonable conclusion of any disputes, the legal sectors are responsible for failure of his/her duty.
- If legal sectors fail to draw a logical decision and his service, there will be number of complaints arising.
- When both the public and administration complaints grow then, there will be huge number of cases pending.
- Once the legal service has been rendered among the gewogs and schools, knowledge acquired by them will be benefits on solving any disputes between them.
- If community had learnt any legal awareness, there will be lesser work or cases earn by the legal sector.
- there will be more connectivity of relationship between dzongkhag and public on enhancing the legal awareness in the district.
- An opportunity to learn a various field matters and dealing with any other official tasks assigned by the dzongkhag superior.
- When the legal services are not been render timely, there will be inefficiently of the work.
- Inefficiently of the work threats the public and media to cover a negative comment against the service provider.
- As there will be a negative threat then it will change the legal attitude against the service provider by the public.
Procedure to seek the legal advice:
- The sector or the focal person of the committee forwards on official letter seek legal opinion
- The said opinion is then browsed for interpretation according to relevant laws.
- After the agreed period, legal opinion is presented for deliberation endorsement if any.
Procedure to investigation case(s):
- Receive an allegation
- The team leader tables the agenda for meeting
- Thereon, the facts of the case are discussed and the investigation methods prepared.
- The investigation report is compiled as follows –
- Back ground of the case
- Investigation methodology
- Allegation alleged
- Justification received from the relevant person(s)
- Findings by the investigation committee.
- Recommendation (if any)
The reports is submitted to the source of complaint shared within one week at the completion of the investigation.