Dzongkhag Education Sector under the Ministry of Education is responsible in implementing educational plans and policies leading towards knowledge-based GNH society. It is mandated to provide equitable and inclusive quality education and lifelong learning for all through provision of the necessary learning space and opportunity to harness their full potential as productive citizens. The Ministry of Education in general prepares the young women and men with appropriate knowledge, skills and values to cope with the challenges of the 21st century.
The Ministry of Education presently is focused on achieving the following objectives:
- To improve relevance and quality of education
- To improve access to and sustainability of education
- To strengthen youth development programme and services
- To enhance adult literacy and lifelong learning
- To ensure full utilization of budget
- To enable effective and efficient ICT Service delivery