Connecting the unconnected and establishing a harmonious knowledge society.
Promoting the development of reliable and sustainable information, communications, networks and systems and facilitating the provision of affordable and easier access to associated services, particularly to meet the basic social needs and help improve living standards of people in rural and far-flung communities, for the ultimate purpose of making a meaningful contribution to Gross National Happiness.
- To improve access to reliable ICT services;
- To improve effective and efficient public service delivery;
- To keep alive culture and tradition through ICT and media;
- To improve internet connectivity within Dzongkhag across all service delivery institutions;
Roles & Responsibilities of ICT Services Unit:
The ICT Services Unit will help formulate ICT plans of the government agencies in keeping with the vision of the agencies and National ICT vision. The ICT Services Unit at the same time will ensure that the eGIF standards and other guidelines issued by the Department is adopted across all government to promote the eGov policy (Whole of Government).
The ICT Services Unit will install, maintain, and upgrade systems as necessary. The unit will be responsible for researching and developing new ways to accomplish tasks in a productive and timely manner. The ICT Services Unit will establish Dzongkhag WAN connecting all the regional offices located under Dzongkhag premises. The ICT Services Unit’s ability to properly support new devices and applications often require additional resources that may take time to acquire and install. The ICT Services Unit will balance the load of services across resources as necessary. By including the ICT Services Unit in preliminary discussions, they can start preparations to support and keep projects flowing smoothly.
The ICT Services Unit is responsible for the following functions:
1. Responsible for design, development and content updating of websites.
2. Ensure LAN and Internet connectivity in Dzongkhag and all the regional offices within the Dzongkhag locality.
3. Ensure up-time of application systems.
4. Carry out advocacy program to promote the usage of G2C systems and other services to the general public.
5. Ensure that the security of the data and systems are not compromised.
6. Maintain periodic backup of databases and files.
7. Responsible for development of Management Information Systems (MIS) and digitization of the working procedures.
8. Responsible for optimization of the systems and ICT processes.
9. Responsible for initiating procedural changes to reduce the turn-around-time (TAT) for service delivery through innovation.
10. Promote the usage of ICT through user trainings such as: basic computer troubleshooting; google apps usage; etc. to the staff.
11. Maintain proper documentation and mapping of systems and networks.
12. Provide technical specifications and obtain clearances for procurement of hardware and software.
13. Comply with e-GIF standards.
14. Conduct periodic assessment of the progress in the field of ICT and validate whether the progression is aligned to the overall vision and mission of DITT.
15. Provide computer/networking related hardware and software troubleshooting services.
16. Responsible for configuration of Access points and creating user accounts on network and systems.
17. Responsible for updating operating systems and other software.
18. Responsible for ICT assets in the Dzongkhag Cluster (network devices, servers and PCs. issued to ICT officials).
19. Responsible for planning budget for ICT Services Unit in coordination with head of other government agencies.
20. Responsible for procurement of ICT equipment.