The Dungkhag Administration was initially located at current Panbang town area since its inception in 1986. However, the Dungkhag office had to be shifted to current location (Galabee) in 2001 on ground of lack of sufficient area at the town to house the office permanently.
Total area of Dungkhag Administration: 18 acres (approximately).
Total boundary pillars: 4 main pillars and 29 subsidiary pillars, all in Ngangla Gewog.
CHORONOLOGICAL ORDER OF DUNGPAS WHO SERVED AT PANBANG DUNGKHAG
The following Dungpas have served in the Dungkhag Administration since 1986.
The Dungkhag Administration has four Gewog Centers with following details:
STAFF STATISTICS OF DIFFERENT SECTORS UNDER PANBANG DUNGKHAG
The Dungkhag Administration also has the following organizations under its jurisdiction.
- The need for an entry and exit point at Panbang.
- Lack of Dungkhag pool vehicle to meet the need to cater the services during special functions.
- Need to install air conditioners in the Dungkhag Offices to curb the pressure of extensive heat during summer.
- Poor condition of Dungkhag approach road: The road that connects the Dungkhag Office from Panbang-Nganglam highway is very narrow and rugged thereby causing a lot of inconveniences for the commuters who have to travel to Dungkhag Administration for any official or other purposes. Furthermore, Panbang is a hot spot for external visitors both form within and outside the country, and the poor condition of approach road to Dungkhag has made it difficult for every users of it.
- Requirement of Human Resources for Dungkhag Health Sector, Dungkhag RNR Sector and Dungkhag land survey.
- The Dungkhag Administration is located 13 km away from Indian Manas National Park, which is accorded with different conservation status.
- Falls under Royal Manas National Park, which is the biodiversity hub of the country.
- Four major river systems flow through the Dungkhag.
- Therefore, the Dungkhag has the tremendous tourism potentials.