The Dungkhag Administration was initially located at current Panbang town area since its inception in 1986. However, the Dungkhag office had to be shifted to current location (Galabee) in 2001 on ground of lack of sufficient area at the town to house the office permanently.
Total area of Dungkhag Administration: 18 acres (approximately).
Total boundary pillars: 4 main pillars and 29 subsidiary pillars, all in Ngangla Gewog.
CHORONOLOGICAL ORDER OF DUNGPAS WHO SERVED AT PANBANG DUNGKHAG
The following Dungpas have served in the Dungkhag Administration since 1986.
Sl.No Name of Dungpas Served from Served till
1 Dasho Dawa 1986 1989
2 Dasho Rudra Karki 1989 1992
3 Dasho Ugyen Penjor 1992 1994
4 Dasho Sonam Dawa 1994 1998
5 Dasho Nim Tshering 1999 2000
6 Dasho JamTshering 2000 2003
7 Dasho Karma Drukpa 2003 2007
8 Dasho Yeshi Rangrik Dorji 2007 2009
9 Dasho Therchung Kencho 2009 2015
10 Dasho Mani Sangye 2015 March 2017
11 Dasho Sonam Dorji 2017 Current
The Dungkhag Administration has four Gewogs as here under:
Sl.No NAME OF GEWOGS POPULATION AREA
1. Bjoka Gewog 1879 196 sq.km
2 Goshing Gewog 3090 99.11 sq.km
3 Ngangla Gewog 4085 309 sq.km
4 Phangkhar Gewog 2416 542.74 sq.km
STAFF STATISTICS OF DIFFERENT SECTORS UNDER PANBANG DUNGKHAG
1. Dungkhag Administration
Sl.No SECTORS NUMBERS
a. Education 2
b. Engineering 10
c. Accounts 3
d. Administration 2
e. Gewog Administrative Officers 4
f. Land Record 1
g. Health Nil
h. Dispatch 1
i. Support Staffs and drivers 10
Total staff strength - 33
2 -RNR SECTOR
a. Livestock Sector 6
b. Agriculture Sector 3
A HEALTH SECTOR (Primary)
a. Number of BHU 8
b. Number of ORC 12
Total staff strength - 20 including 1 driver
3B HEALTH SECTOR(Panbang BHU)
a. Number of grade-I BHU 1
b. Doctor 1
c. Dental Surgeon 1
d. Regular staffs 20
e. Contract staffs 1
f. Drivers 1
g. Support staffs 7
Total staff strength - 31
4. EDUCATION SECTOR
a. Schools 11
b. Principals 5
c. Vice principals 2
d. Teacher In charges 5
e. Teaching staffs 94
f. Non-teaching staffs 65
g. Teacher Resource Centre 1
h. NFE Centers with instructors 8
i. ECCD Centers 6
j. ECCD Instructors 9
Total staff strength- 188
k. Number of students 1566
Grand Total of civil servants under Dungkhag 272
The Dungkhag Administration also has the following regional offices
Sl.No NAME OF ORGANIZATIONS NUMBERS
1. Dungkhag Court 1
2. Bank of Bhutant 1
3. Bhutan Development Bank Limitedt 1
4. Royal Insurance Corporation Limitedt 1
5. Bhutan Telecomt 1
6. Police Stationt 1
7. BAFRA officet 1
8. Post Officet 1
- The need for an entry and exit point at Panbang.
- Lack of Dungkhag pool vehicle to meet the need to cater the services during special functions.
- Need to install air conditioners in the Dungkhag Offices to curb the pressure of extensive heat during summer.
- Poor condition of Dungkhag approach road: The road that connects the Dungkhag Office from Panbang-Nganglam highway is very narrow and rugged thereby causing a lot of inconveniences for the commuters who have to travel to Dungkhag Administration for any official or other purposes. Furthermore, Panbang is a hot spot for external visitors both form within and outside the country, and the poor condition of approach road to Dungkhag has made it difficult for every users of it.
- Requirement of Human Resources for Dungkhag Health Sector, Dungkhag RNR Sector and Dungkhag land survey.
- The Dungkhag Administration is located 13 km away from Indian Manas National Park, which is accorded with different conservation status.
- Falls under Royal Manas National Park, which is the biodiversity hub of the country.
- Four major river systems flow through the Dungkhag.
- Therefore, the Dungkhag has the tremendous tourism potentials.